Saturday, February 4, 2012

Woodwork is done

I finished up the woodwork.  Yesterday I glued on the little 1/4 rounds that hold the aft end of the splash shield.  That was a bit tricky but it worked.  I just finished glueing the inner rails.  I didn't use epoxy on this part.  I used TiteBond II waterproof glue.  We shall see if that turns out to be a good decision over time...  The blue tape holds a coffer dam.  I had a small gap on that side so I filled it with epoxy.

And the after...

You can see the 1/4 rounds and the mast boss in this pix.  The breast plate on the splash boards is the original...

No comments:

Post a Comment